Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

PC: Server not starting?

If you are seeing the following message:
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Then we need to make a change to the batch file.
  1. Open the .bat file in a text editor like notepad (right-click>'open with'>notepad)
  2. add the following line at the start of the first line
java -classpath "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_22\bin"
java -jar Server_1.02.jar

 The text in bold will depend on what version of java is installed and where it is located on your system. Be sure to change these if necessary! Make sure your newly edited batch file is in the same folder as the .jar file.

Now you should be able to double-click the batch file and get started!

8 comments:

  1. hello
    I've tried this but why the command line just gone is a glipse of an eye...

    so I tried with cmd

    it has this message :

    Either Bluetooth is not supported or your bluetooth device is working properly
    Exiting...

    please help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bima,
      Sorry for the late response - I'm very busy at the moment. Is the phone definitely paired with your computer - can you send files from one to the other? Do you know what kind of Bluetooth radio is installed on your computer?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. btw.. I'm using Windows XP SP3 and Samsung Galaxy Mini

      Delete
    4. I just try it recently and IT WORKS :D

      now I think I don't need to buy an AKAI MPC :p

      just some suggestions, can it have a nicer GUI for server? so it can be easier to operate :)

      and the pad.. can you make them assignable?

      it seems pretty real-time so NICE WORK :)

      thanks ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi there , the same happens to me . Ii have the 31 java version upgrade installed( the most recent available ) but when I execute the server file the dos windows opens and closes on a second . I checked the java version on cmd but when I prompt it, it says that java is not a recognized command . My pc has windows 7 64 bit version and my phone is a samsung galaxy W . They are already paired . I have followed all the blupad instructions , and I have all the software needed installed . Can you help me here ? Thank you .

    ReplyDelete
  3. the same problem. Had changed the path for the "bin" folder in bat-file:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin
    and... nothing good happened:
    "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"
    Win 7, 64

    ReplyDelete